Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Taskbar replacement ?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Vasudev

With the news coming of Microsoft filing patent for possible taskbar replacement, what do you guys suggest for improvement of taskbar? What can be its alternative?

What features should be added or which one should be removed to the present taskbar?

• User profile image
    troposphere

NUMBER ONE NECESSARY IMPROVEMENT TO TASKBAR:

Ability to rearrange the running application buttons by dragging them, just as you can rearrange the buttons on the Quick Launch toolbar.

I'm sick of having to launch my applications in a specific order just so that their placement on the taskbar will be where I want them to be.

• User profile image
    NetRyder

troposphere wrote:

Ability to rearrange the running application buttons by dragging them, just as you can rearrange the buttons on the Quick Launch toolbar.

I'm sick of having to launch my applications in a specific order just so that their placement on the taskbar will be where I want them to be.

Taskbar Shuffle Smiley

• User profile image
    Soviut

troposphere wrote:

I second that.

Some kind of optional "Middle Mouse Close" like in Firefox and IE tabs would be nice.  I say optional because that could be potentially frustrating for the ham-handed who accidentally hit the middle mouse a lot.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.