I've been using WMP 10 for a few months. Recently I reinstalled XP with SP2. But now when I try to sync it with my MP3 Player, during the conversion to lower bitrate, I get 'Server threw an exception' error. Sometimes the conversion freezes.
I googled a bit and I found few posts about this error on WMP Support Newsgroups page, but there was no reasonable solution.
So I tried the System Restore, but it didn't help.
So I reinstalled (!) XP (with SP2) again, installed WMP10 and a few necessary programs (Office, Antivirus, Firewall...).
There was no problem. Great!
But then I checked the 'Maintain folder hierarchy' option in Device Options and the problem was back (( Damn.
I tried the System Restore again, but that had no effect.
Now I'm not able to convert my music to lower bitrates...