Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Laggy WinForms

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    thebeings

Just a thought - has anyone noticed sometimes that when you create a Win Form app and execute it - when you drag the main form around - there is a delay in the move?

This doesn't always happen - but I've experimented with this - and found that the problem also occurs when when you just make a win form app with nothing in it - basically create a new project compile and execute..

It appears to happen at random completely. And seems independant of the code used.

Thoughts? Ideas?

• User profile image
    ericch1

Yea, I've noticed this too. This doesn't happen all the time for me, but whenever I use a form with lots of controls (ie. RSS Bandit), the window is really really slow.

• User profile image
    thebeings

ericch1 wrote:
    Yea, I've noticed this too. This doesn't happen all the time for me, but whenever I use a form with lots of controls (ie. RSS Bandit), the window is really really slow.

its wierd though - ive even noticed this lag when nothing is on the form.. just a flat out blank form.. and still it lags.. no always but sometimes..

• User profile image
    thebeings

Well it looks like this problem as been resolved with .net 2.0.. i just installed the express beta and was horsing around with it..

cannot reproduce the problem..

oh well

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.