Tech Off Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

ControlBox mod API

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    vbrunner__

Here's my post to the Scripts forum.

Anyone here know how to do this?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

It's fairly trivial, take a look in the Sandbox board for a posting by Maurits which paints the current date/time to the titlebar.

That said, modiying the title bar does bar your program from getting "Designed for Windows" certification.

• User profile image
    AndyC

W3bbo wrote:

That said, modiying the title bar does bar your program from getting "Designed for Windows" certification.

I presume you mean "Certified for Windows Vista" or "Works with Windows Vista", neither of which stop you modifying the title bar as far as I can see.

• User profile image
    vbrunner__

as cool as that is, it's not exactly what i'm looking for.
    is this how everyone does it?  just like his example, but following the window around?  i thought there was some way to modify the window itself...

• User profile image
    vbrunner__

W3bbo wrote:
    It's fairly trivial, take a look in the Sandbox board for a posting by Maurits which paints the current date/time to the titlebar.

btw, this doesn't actually modify anything.  it's a single transparent window w/ the some text in it.  it's not intended to do what i'm suggesting.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

you could set FormBorderStyle to None and do your own custom drawing, also resizing and movement

• User profile image
    vbrunner__

Ion Todirel wrote:
    you could set FormBorderStyle to None and do your own custom drawing, also resizing and movement

no offense, but that's insane in my case.  i'm just looking to draw/interact in the non-client area.

this looks promising.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.