ControlBox mod API

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    vbrunner__

Here's my post to the Scripts forum.

Anyone here know how to do this?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

It's fairly trivial, take a look in the Sandbox board for a posting by Maurits which paints the current date/time to the titlebar.

That said, modiying the title bar does bar your program from getting "Designed for Windows" certification.

• User profile image
    AndyC

W3bbo wrote:

That said, modiying the title bar does bar your program from getting "Designed for Windows" certification.

I presume you mean "Certified for Windows Vista" or "Works with Windows Vista", neither of which stop you modifying the title bar as far as I can see.

• User profile image
    vbrunner__

as cool as that is, it's not exactly what i'm looking for.
    is this how everyone does it?  just like his example, but following the window around?  i thought there was some way to modify the window itself...

• User profile image
    vbrunner__

W3bbo wrote:
    It's fairly trivial, take a look in the Sandbox board for a posting by Maurits which paints the current date/time to the titlebar.

btw, this doesn't actually modify anything.  it's a single transparent window w/ the some text in it.  it's not intended to do what i'm suggesting.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

you could set FormBorderStyle to None and do your own custom drawing, also resizing and movement

• User profile image
    vbrunner__

Ion Todirel wrote:
    you could set FormBorderStyle to None and do your own custom drawing, also resizing and movement

no offense, but that's insane in my case.  i'm just looking to draw/interact in the non-client area.

this looks promising.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.