Tech Off Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista - Sudden Intermittent Loss of Internet - Requires Reboot

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    a !

Is anyone else having this problem?

On Vista - regardless of what browser -  The Web will just stop  connecting  after a  number of hours -  requring rebooting the machine.

Looking for possible answers, it appears that others were experiencing this problem with no solutions - one user appears to have been helped by SP1 (so far)

This detailed forum posts sums it up so well, there was no need to elaborate any further.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/125079-intermittent-loss-internet-connection-vista-ultimate.html

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Posting a link to someone having a problem on another forum? Without offering advice of your own, too.

That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen done on a forum. If I didn't think you were a bot I'd question your sanity. Perplexed

• User profile image
    littleguru

Sven Groot wrote:
    Posting a link to someone having a problem on another forum? Without offering advice of your own, too.

That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen done on a forum. If I didn't think you were a bot I'd question your sanity.

Is the second Perplexed

• User profile image
    tomass
  • User profile image
    picohat

If can ping the default gateway and internet IPs and also do nameserver lookups, then it can be browser issue. Maybe you can install other web browser, such as Mozila or Opera web browser, see whether it solves you problem..

Smiley
    picoHat
    Home Network, Wireless Network and Computer Networking Made Easy

• User profile image
    a !

Talk about the power of give and take in forums

None of the other forums had been able to determine the cause of this problem and how to fix it

It appears that Microsoft does have a hotfix -

But ironically - after reading the comment about Turning off Internet Sharing...

IT WORKED

Which means it did not require a reboot

Wished this post had been made a year ago - would have saved months of trouble

Microsoft did release a hotfix and the problem may be solved in SP1

Hopefully, this forum thread will be spidered heavily by search engines. It would be great if others were able to discover this solution.  Too bad about the nasty comments - everyone will have to read through them to get the answer, if theyaren't turned off.

Go to Start menu

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Local Area Network Connection/Properties/Sharing

then click the turn off Internet Connection Sharing

• User profile image
    cheong

a ! wrote:
    Talk about the power of give and take in forums

None of the other forums had been able to determine the cause of this problem and how to fix it

Wished this post had been made a year ago - would have saved months of trouble

While I see you post this, I remembered that there are other occasions that I know I've seen the solution of certain problem on some forum, but if I Gxxgle it, I cannot find it. I even go back to those forums and verified that it still exist.

It gives me the impression that Gxxgle had not been as effective as information source as it used to be.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.