Tech Off Thread

39 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Why does my C program run faster on Linux than on Windows?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    AndyC

It's worth pointing out that unless you have the VM Additions installed, timing under a virtual OS can be somewhat skewed. And there are no VPC additions for Ubuntu....

• User profile image
    W3bbo

AndyC wrote:
    It's worth pointing out that unless you have the VM Additions installed, timing under a virtual OS can be somewhat skewed. And there are no VPC additions for Ubuntu....

The VPC additions for Red Hat can be coaxed to work under Ubuntu IIRC.

Otherwise just use WMWare, Windows 95 and Ubuntu both run better under it in my experience.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

longnight wrote:
    You might try running the windows app in a virtual windows os. It could be something like a virus scanner interfering with the numbers.

There is no virus scanner on my system.

W3bbo wrote:

AndyC wrote:

The VPC additions for Red Hat can be coaxed to work under Ubuntu IIRC.

Otherwise just use WMWare, Windows 95 and Ubuntu both run better under it in my experience.

I installed the Additions for Red Hat on my computer, but I believe they need to be installed in the Virtual PC as well. There are no Linux executables I could find on the ISO disk, so I have been having trouble figuring out what I am supposed to do.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.