Tech Off Thread

5 posts

detect fm signal in VB.NET

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • scngan

Anyone has any experience develop a simple apps that can detect fm signal in VB.NET ?
    I already had the hardware but there is no luck for me to get a SDK/sample code.Sad

any help ?

• ZippyV

What hardware do you have?

• scngan

hi there.
    thanks for the reply....

My hardware is a USB FM Receiver which doesnt require any driver. Once plug in to XP/Vista, OS will automatically detect it and install it as USB FM RECEIVER.

http://www.kworld.com.tw/product_overview.aspx?P_ID=37

I just 1 to detect the signal and lock the signal so i wont lost it and at the same time, store the frequency history on a list....no need to output the sound...

• Lloyd_Humph

scngan wrote:
    hi there.
    thanks for the reply....

My hardware is a USB FM Receiver which doesnt require any driver. Once plug in to XP/Vista, OS will automatically detect it and install it as USB FM RECEIVER.

http://www.kworld.com.tw/product_overview.aspx?P_ID=37

I just 1 to detect the signal and lock the signal so i wont lost it and at the same time, store the frequency history on a list....no need to output the sound...

Which are you trying to use it on? XP? VistA? Because I see a big shiny "Designed for XP" sticker on that site, so make sure you exhaust your options there first.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • nightski

From the looks of the documentation it adds an audio device to windows which you can read from (that part wouldn't be very hard).  However their application allows you to change the freq also, meaning it is prob sending custom usb commands to the device.  With some analyzing & hacking one could possibly figure out how to reverse engineer this for your app, but I do not believe it would be trivial.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.