Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Questions on Monad

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    svanwass

I have signed up for the Monad beta and have been playing with it for about a week.  There are a few problems that i have not been able to solve, based on the demo video released here.  Jeffery Snover runs the command:

gps |out-excel

This outputs the process listing directly into an excel spreadsheet.  the "out-excel" command is not native however.  I made an alias to excel (tested to work too), but when i run that above command, nothing gets ported out to excel!?  How do i fix this?

Steve

• User profile image
    will

Steve, that's a question you should post on the Monad newsgroup (can be found via the betaplace website  after you've signed in).

And there is a Monad wiki available as well, which is being maintained by some individuals who have had experience with Monad.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

out-excel is one of the demo cmdlets in the %Program Files%\Windows command shell preview\Demo directory.

• User profile image
    ffunky

Not to give a late answer or anything Wink, but (since I missed it the first time I had this problem) you'll need to add the demo directory to your MSH environment path.

• User profile image
    tomhall

I think you must be on a different (older) beta version -

The version I downloaded a few weeks ago only has a "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Command Shell" folder with a "\en" sub-folder, and does not include the "out-excel" cmdlet

-Tom

• User profile image
    Maurits

Doesn't it just create a temporary comma-separated-values file (*.csv) and launch it?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

tomhall wrote:

I think you must be on a different (older) beta version -

Considering those posts are almost a year old, I'd say yes. Smiley

• User profile image
    tfl

The demo Jeffrey used was based on much earlier code. MSH Beta 1 does not support this feature. A later version of MSH is planned for release shortly (i.e. PDC) and it's not there yet.

You should get onto the beta and take a look at the beta newsgroup. I've put up some details on Monad at www.reskit.net/monad. There's also a sample scripts page at http://www.reskit.net/monad/samplescripts.htm.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.