Tech Off Thread

27 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Community Coding Contest to start July 1 - Chance to Win MSDN Premium!

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    CRPietschma​nn

The Community Coding Contest will run from July 1 through Sept. 30, 2008. The community will vote to decide the winners. The top 3 entries will each be awarded 1 MSDN Premium Subscription with Visual Studio Team Suite, and the 4th place entry will be awarded Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and Visual Studio 2008 Professional. Here's an awesome chance to write some code and win some awesome prizes! I am also looking for sponsors to donate additional prizes to give away.

http://pietschsoft.com/post/2008/06/Community-Coding-Contest-to-start-July-1st-Chance-to-Win-MSDN-Premium-Subscription-with-VS08-Team-Suite-plus-more.aspx

Updated 6/29/2008: The Official Community Coding Contest website is now Live! http://communitycodingcontest.org

• User profile image
    blowdart

Errr you'll find the MVP MSDN giveaways are region locked; i.e. mine are only fufillable in Europe, and LatinAm don't get them at all. You need to be very very clear about that.

• User profile image
    littleguru

blowdart said:
    Errr you'll find the MVP MSDN giveaways are region locked; i.e. mine are only fufillable in Europe, and LatinAm don't get them at all. You need to be very very clear about that.
    Hehe... I also thought of doing something like this... still don't know if I should give them away or do a competition.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

littleguru said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Hehe... I also thought of doing something like this... still don't know if I should give them away or do a competition.

I will be your slave for the duration of the subscription if you give it to me Tongue Out:P:P:P

Imagine having youre very own agree-slave here on C9!

Wouldnt that be worth something to ya lassie?

• User profile image
    littleguru

Maddus Mattus said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

I will be your slave for the duration of the subscription if you give it to me Tongue OutTongue Out:P:P

Imagine having youre very own agree-slave here on C9!

Wouldnt that be worth something to ya lassie?

You don't have an MSDN subscription? I should probably start a thread here on Channel 9 and ask who has no MSDN subscription.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

littleguru said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    You don't have an MSDN subscription? I should probably start a thread here on Channel 9 and ask who has no MSDN subscription.
    I had an MSDN subscription from my former employer.

My new employer is mindfull of the euro's and doesnt see an MSDN subscription as added value (go figure).

So yes, I dont have an MSDN subscription.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Maddus Mattus said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    I had an MSDN subscription from my former employer.

My new employer is mindfull of the euro's and doesnt see an MSDN subscription as added value (go figure).

So yes, I dont have an MSDN subscription.
    I first need to understand if the subscriptions that I got are only bound to Europe... after that I'll figure something out to see who will get the subscriptions Smiley - one is already gone: his highness Mr Sven Groot got it - but that's another story Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

littleguru said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    I first need to understand if the subscriptions that I got are only bound to Europe... after that I'll figure something out to see who will get the subscriptions Smiley - one is already gone: his highness Mr Sven Groot got it - but that's another story Tongue Out

All hail his highness Sven Groot!

• User profile image
    Emyr

Maddus Mattus said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

All hail his highness Sven Groot!

Well that's me out then.

Is there going to be a Europe variant of this competition?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

blowdart said:
    Sven is still a student, no? He should still be able to get msdnaa for free.

At my job I get pretty frustrated. I have to work with VS2005 and my Office version doesn't validate online. I asked about their msdn subscription but they claim MS suddenly lost all their account details and don't even know the company anymore. I've asked and asked about the status of the subscription and now they are telling me they are trying to become a gold partner and then they would get a free msdn subscription but "don't hold your breath, it could take 2 years"

Sigh, bla.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Emyr said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    Well that's me out then.

Is there going to be a Europe variant of this competition?
    If you can find an MVP that has subscriptions to give away and will run it. I gave mine away already.

• User profile image
    Emyr

blowdart said:
    Emyr said:
    *snip*
    If you can find an MVP that has subscriptions to give away and will run it. I gave mine away already.
    Errr I know this could be a dumb question....

But why would someone give away thousands of pounds worth of software??

One very confused welshman...

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Emyr said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

Because having more than 1 msdn subscription for yourself is pretty useless.

• User profile image
    Emyr

ZippyV said:
    Emyr said:
    *snip*
    Because having more than 1 msdn subscription for yourself is pretty useless.
    still, feels a bit cheeky asking for it....

However, if someone has a spare one going......

• User profile image
    blowdart

Emyr said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

MS sent some MVPs 3 subscriptions to do with what they will.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

blowdart said:
    Emyr said:
    *snip*
    MS sent some MVPs 3 subscriptions to do with what they will.
    Microsoft gold partners get a standard subscription for free,..

And these are not all that expensive, $1500 dollars per two year to develop with nearly all Microsoft Software is pretty cheap.

It's a pretty good move by Microsoft because the customers you develop for need to pay full price for the license.

We have an MVP working for us, but he prolly gave away his subscriptions. And he is sure as hell not going to give me any Wink

• User profile image
    littleguru

Guys,... it might happen that I'm going to organize something to give my 2 left away... keep an eye on my postings on c9 and my blog.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

littleguru said:

Guys,... it might happen that I'm going to organize something to give my 2 left away... keep an eye on my postings on c9 and my blog.

Remembers Zeo`s unrealistic competition...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.