Tech Off Thread

27 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Community Coding Contest to start July 1 - Chance to Win MSDN Premium!

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    littleguru

    ZippyV said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    Remembers Zeo`s unrealistic competition...
    Nay... won't be very unrealistic Wink I only need a way to decide who it gets.

  • User profile image
    CRPietschma​nn

    The Official Community Coding Contest website is now Live!

    http://communitycodingcontest.org

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    CRPietschmann said:
    The Official Community Coding Contest website is now Live!

    http://communitycodingcontest.org
    The RSS image doesn't show up properly here... I get a lot of "image not found"-placeholders in the website; using IE7.

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    ZippyV said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Sven is still a student, no? He should still be able to get msdnaa for free.

    At my job I get pretty frustrated. I have to work with VS2005 and my Office version doesn't validate online. I asked about their msdn subscription but they claim MS suddenly lost all their account details and don't even know the company anymore. I've asked and asked about the status of the subscription and now they are telling me they are trying to become a gold partner and then they would get a free msdn subscription but "don't hold your breath, it could take 2 years"

    Sigh, bla.
    Sven is still a student, no? He should still be able to get msdnaa for free.

    Yep I do, and using it, I can download Japanese versions (and only Japanese versions) of various Microsoft products. So it's not very useful.

  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

    Sven Groot said:
    ZippyV said:
    *snip*

    Yep I do, and using it, I can download Japanese versions (and only Japanese versions) of various Microsoft products. So it's not very useful.
    You should have learnt Japanese by now Wink

  • User profile image
    CRPietschma​nn

    littleguru said:
    CRPietschmann said:
    *snip*
    The RSS image doesn't show up properly here... I get a lot of "image not found"-placeholders in the website; using IE7.
    The missing images were caused by some of the BlogEngine.NET images not getting uploaded to the server, by accident. I'm uploading them now.

    Also, the functionality has now been enabled for developers to start submitting their entries to the contest. Remember, no contest entry is to small or big, and YOU (the community) decides who wins. You can even upload your entry in a ZIP file, or enter the URL where it's already hosted.

    http://communitycodingcontest.org

  • User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

    littleguru said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    You don't have an MSDN subscription? I should probably start a thread here on Channel 9 and ask who has no MSDN subscription.
    I don't have one - poor me.

    Jonathan Sampson

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    jonathansampson said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*
    I don't have one - poor me.

    Jonathan Sampson
    Check out my blog... Wink This should be something for you jonathan.

  • User profile image
    ZippyV

    ZippyV said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Sven is still a student, no? He should still be able to get msdnaa for free.

    At my job I get pretty frustrated. I have to work with VS2005 and my Office version doesn't validate online. I asked about their msdn subscription but they claim MS suddenly lost all their account details and don't even know the company anymore. I've asked and asked about the status of the subscription and now they are telling me they are trying to become a gold partner and then they would get a free msdn subscription but "don't hold your breath, it could take 2 years"

    Sigh, bla.

    To add to my previous story, I now don't have Office anymore. I asked for a valid license key, got one but activation refused because the key was actived already too many times. Kept asking to buy me a new license and the response I got was: you're a programmer you don't need Office.

    Nice, uninstalled Office. I wonder how I'm going to make an application to retrieve the public contacts from Exchange for a client without using Outlook.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.