Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Photo Gallery

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    akopacsi

I just installed Windows Photo Gallery and I ran into an annoying problem. When I double-click to open my photos in the viewer they are displayed under an ugly, transparent, yellow layer. I found a solution in a forum to fix it. (You have to change the color profile of the screen.) Anybody knows if it's a bug or a feature... or why it's included at all?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

It's a feature. The monitor colour profile tells Windows how images should be adjusted to look natural and Photo Gallery is obeying that. Computer monitors have a tendency to be far too blue, but because you're used to that the proper colours will look yellow by comparison. Hold a blank piece of paper next to a white area on your screen, and you'll notice the paper looks yellow by comparison, even though they're both supposed to be white.

That said, I don't much like it either; if the colour is to be corrected, it should be done globally. Because it's not, and only done to the images, they look out of place like you noted.

• User profile image
    akopacsi

Thanks! Smiley It sounds great.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.