Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Windows Photo Gallery

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    akopacsi

I just installed Windows Photo Gallery and I ran into an annoying problem. When I double-click to open my photos in the viewer they are displayed under an ugly, transparent, yellow layer. I found a solution in a forum to fix it. (You have to change the color profile of the screen.) Anybody knows if it's a bug or a feature... or why it's included at all?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

It's a feature. The monitor colour profile tells Windows how images should be adjusted to look natural and Photo Gallery is obeying that. Computer monitors have a tendency to be far too blue, but because you're used to that the proper colours will look yellow by comparison. Hold a blank piece of paper next to a white area on your screen, and you'll notice the paper looks yellow by comparison, even though they're both supposed to be white.

That said, I don't much like it either; if the colour is to be corrected, it should be done globally. Because it's not, and only done to the images, they look out of place like you noted.

• User profile image
    akopacsi

Thanks! Smiley It sounds great.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.