Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Windows Vista inside out?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    malikalamgi​rian

where and how can i find in and outs of windows vista.... like process management...process synchronization techniques used.... paging techniques....and related things in detail?

• User profile image
    Bass

Probably in the source code. Big Smile

• User profile image
    Charles

Have you watched any of the C9 videos where we cover much of this in detail? Strange that you would ask this on a forum on the exact site where a lot of this content already exists... I guess the means by which we enable finding our content really do suck. We'll fix that.

In the mean time, you can do this:

http://channel9.msdn.com/tags/Windows+Vista/

Unfortunately, we do not offer a way for you to search for multiple tagged items, so there is a lot of stuff tagged with WIndows Vista that you probably won't be interested in watching if you're looking for engineering content (how Windows Vista works, etc... That said, if you browse around the videos linked to from the above URL, you'll keep yourself engaged for quite some time...

C

• User profile image
    Curt Nichols

Have you taken a look at Windows Internals? The 5th edition, apparently due this month, covers up through Vista and Server 2008. The 4th edition is about 900 pages of Windows' insides.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Curt Nichols said:

Have you taken a look at Windows Internals? The 5th edition, apparently due this month, covers up through Vista and Server 2008. The 4th edition is about 900 pages of Windows' insides.

apparently due this month

It was also apparently due in November. No wait, January. Sorry, I meant April. Amazon's release date for this book just keeps shifting so I've lost faith in it.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

The book "Operating System Concepts" has a chapter on Window's Internals too. The international edition is far more detailed than the US version though for legal reasons or something.

• User profile image
    Curt Nichols

Sven Groot said:
    Curt Nichols said:
    *snip*

It was also apparently due in November. No wait, January. Sorry, I meant April. Amazon's release date for this book just keeps shifting so I've lost faith in it.

Yeah, well, maybe I'll hold onto the 4th edition for a while. Smiley

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Sven Groot said:
    Curt Nichols said:
    *snip*

I wonder if they didn't decide to just scrap the current version and update it for Windows 7 before publishing it.

Otherwise, with W7 release schedule getting earlier all the time, this book will be obsolete by the time it's published.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.