Tech Off Thread

5 posts

custom windows ce image on ebox II - HELPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    vladb2001

Hi, Ebox II is a vortex cpu device (x86 compatible), 32 internal compact flash / 128 RAM . I am trying to create a custom CE image with PB 5.0 and i cannot seem to be able to actually see the internal flash. The Ebox II will see (after lots of atempts) a flash USB drive, but not the internal flash.

Can anyone please tell me what to include in the design (what catalog items) in order to gain access to the internal flash drive ?

P.S. It is doable, the nk.bin image i received with the ebox has access to the flash in question.

• User profile image
    samer

In PB 5.0 go to Platform -> Settings
    Make sure that under "Configuration" the right BSP and type is selected (debug or release).
    Next go to the "Build Options" tab and check the "Write Run-time image to flash memory (IMGFLASH=1)"

Alternatively you good go to the "Environment" tab and specify a new variable called "IMGFLASH" and set its value to 1.

Good luck,
    Samer

UPDATE:
    You probably know this but no matter which of the two options you choose above, you'll have to perform a SYSGEN before these changes will take effect.

• User profile image
    vladb2001

yeah, thanx for the old news samer, but i did that a long time ago. It didn't work out. the real answer to my problem is the one givem by mike hall. you can check it out here.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/mikehall/archive/2005/03/21/399683.aspx?Pending=true

• User profile image
    samer

...........I don't know what to say.........

I tried man, forgive my ignorance and outdatedness

• User profile image
    vladb2001

I didn't mean to be rude. My appologies if i was (must be my poor english skills). And thank you for trying to help.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.