Tech Off Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Regular Expression to remove an attribute

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

x:Uid="XXXXX"

I want to remove all these tags from a Xaml file. Is there a regex I can use to take them all out? XXXXX can be anything. And note a space before the x.

• User profile image
    ktr

Regex:

\s+x:Uid=\"[^\"]+\"

in C#:

var regex = "\\s+x:Uid=\\\"[^\\\"]+\\\"";

... try that

Edit: Updated regex.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

ktr said:

Regex:

\s+x:Uid=\"[^\"]+\"

in C#:

var regex = "\\s+x:Uid=\\\"[^\\\"]+\\\"";

... try that

Edit: Updated regex.

Unknown operator on the :

Might need an escape or something?

• User profile image
    ktr

Harlequin said:
    ktr said:
    *snip*

Unknown operator on the :

Might need an escape or something?

Hmm.. that is strange.  That is definitely the right expression.  It works with C#'s regex engine and Javascript's engine too.  I tried using it in VS2008's find dialog and I got the same error.  I don't know how to fix that.  I think they have some custom searches you can perform that are prefixed with a colon.  That kind of botches the regex functionality...

• User profile image
    ktr

ktr said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

Hmm.. that is strange.  That is definitely the right expression.  It works with C#'s regex engine and Javascript's engine too.  I tried using it in VS2008's find dialog and I got the same error.  I don't know how to fix that.  I think they have some custom searches you can perform that are prefixed with a colon.  That kind of botches the regex functionality...

Ok.. i finally figured it out... VS has a different syntax for finding whitespace (:Wh).  Anyway, here it is (this will only work in the find dialog):

:Whx\:Uid="([^"]|:Wh)*"

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

ktr said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

Visual Studio's find dialog uses a different regex syntax. This ought to do the trick:

:b+x\:Uid="[^"]+"

• User profile image
    ktr

Sven Groot said:
    ktr said:
    *snip*

Visual Studio's find dialog uses a different regex syntax. This ought to do the trick:

Not when there are newlines between the quotes.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

ktr said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

Not when there are newlines between the quotes.

If there are newlines between the quotes, then it isn't a valid XML file. Smiley

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Sven Groot said:
    ktr said:
    *snip*

Gimme 3 weeks to try it out...on vacation now Smiley

Cheers

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Harlequin said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

Gimme 3 weeks to try it out...on vacation now Smiley

Cheers

what kind of vacation is that without a laptop with Visual Studio connected to the internet? Big Smile

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Ion Todirel said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

what kind of vacation is that without a laptop with Visual Studio connected to the internet? Big Smile

:b+x\:Uid="[^"]+" worked awesome, thanks a bunch.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.