Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Monads

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Richard.Hein

I have a question about monads ... if they are really the "fundamental unit of composibility" as put forward in a few of the Channel9 interviews with Brian Beckman and Eric Meijer, then isn't it practical to assume that the goal should then be to ensure that everything is in a monad?  Does that actually make sense, and is it even possible?

• User profile image
    exoteric

Good question. A couple of monads

• The Maybe monad
    • The Either monad
    • The List monad
    • The Continuation monad
    • The State monad
    • The Exception monad
    • The IO monad

• User profile image
    Charles

It depends on how far you want to stretch the meaning. We actually talk about his in an upcoming C9 Conversations piece with Dr. Beckman Smiley So, I'll let him explain.

C

• User profile image
    ryanb

Charles said:

It depends on how far you want to stretch the meaning. We actually talk about his in an upcoming C9 Conversations piece with Dr. Beckman Smiley So, I'll let him explain.

C

Sweet!  Another Beckman episode coming soon.  Can't wait!

Any chance he is finally going to spill his guts about the secret project???  Probably not.

• User profile image
    Charles

ryanb said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Sweet!  Another Beckman episode coming soon.  Can't wait!

Any chance he is finally going to spill his guts about the secret project???  Probably not.

Nope. Sorry.

C

• User profile image
    staceyw

Charles said:
    ryanb said:
    *snip*

Nope. Sorry.

C

"Nope. Sorry."

C, I asked Mr. Ballmer yesterday.  He said it was ok to talk about it. Smiley

• User profile image
    exoteric

lanceruch said:
    staceyw said:
    *snip*

Can you guys explain first the overall concept of this term - Monads

Asked and answered

• User profile image
    benyaboy

exoteric said:

I would love to see the concept of monads applied to source control management.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.