Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Binding & Editing XML to a DataGrid in ASP.Net

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Knute

Does anyone here know of a good example of Binding an XML document, not an XML resultset from SQL, to a DataGrid in ASP.net, in C#?

I have seen some stuff in VB, but not complete examples. The examples I have seen have all been Xml as a result of a SQL query, not dealing with pure XML documents. I want to deal only with XML...

Thanks!

~ Knute

• User profile image
    Natty Gur
  • User profile image
    paulie69

Knute,

As far as I know there is no way to just take a string of xml and pass it to a grid without converting it to a dataset or datatable first as Natty provided links to. One of the PowerBuilder guys at work showed me that you can do this in PB - I was envious because it seems like .Net should allow you to do this also.

I do believe Whidbey does this now but unfortuneately its in alpha mode so that doesn't help you. I'll bet it converts it for you behind the scenes.

If some does know of a way to do this without having to convert the xml first I'd like to hear about it.

Regards,
    Paul

• User profile image
    Knute

Thanks Natty, Paulie!

I actually got the binding part to work, now I need to work on the editing and updating part.

~ Knute

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.