Tech Off Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Free Security Training

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Charles

Ultimately, as developers we are responsible for ensuring that the applications we write are secure. Buffer overruns and integer overflows, after all, are the direct results of programming mistakes. The best long term defense against the advent of security flaws in code is education.

We have been spending a great deal of time and effort inside of Microsoft training developers on how to write secure code. 

How do you educate yourself with respect to developing secure applications?

I encourage all of you to spend some time checking out these free security training clinics.

Let us know what you think of the content and overall usefulness of these online clinics. Your feedback, as always, is extremely important.

Keep on posting,

Charles  

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

How about free developer training to make us better developers and more secure?

• User profile image
    lostdude

You tell me...does this look like Charles?

http://www.microsoft.com/seminar/events/security.mspx

In the top graphic Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

lostdude wrote:
    You tell me...does this look like Charles?

http://www.microsoft.com/seminar/events/security.mspx

In the top graphic Wink

Not me. Plus, my laptop is silver. Smiley

Charles

• User profile image
    lars

I spotted a guy in the Longhorn Concept Videos that looked alot like VBTV's Ari Bixhorn. I'm beginning to suspect something here... A clone Army. Smiley

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Pubb

To answer your first question I read books that Michael Howard writes. I also like Building Secure Microsoft ASP.NET Applications.

As for the online clinic - it's not my thing. The panel on the right side of the screen is too small, and sometimes you have to scroll. I liked the intros and demos, but if I have to read a bunch of text on some cramped panel, I'll pass. If I'm going to be reading that much text, I'd rather read a book.

• User profile image
    eagle

Thanks for the link Charles, we can never get enough Security Training. The first thing we all must learn is that it begins at code level.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.