Tech Off Thread

4 posts

VS 2010, Another RC?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    spiked3

I read somewhere that VS2010 had been stress tested for days before the RC. I would have to call bs on that one. It crashes for me every 3 minutes doing some of the most simple stuff imaginable. Beta 2 did indeed run for days without crashes. So, the question is do you guys plan another RC or should we take this as an indication of stability to be expected in the shipping version?

• User profile image
    Dexter

Maybe your RC chrashes because of the "well known" Intellisense issue? http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/02/15/patch-for-vs-2010-rc-intellisense-crash-issue-now-available.aspx

I've yet to get my RC to chrash. It seems to be quite stable here.

• User profile image
    PJL

Dexter said:

Maybe your RC chrashes because of the "well known" Intellisense issue? http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/02/15/patch-for-vs-2010-rc-intellisense-crash-issue-now-available.aspx

I've yet to get my RC to chrash. It seems to be quite stable here.

I always am bemused to see these two words everytime a new version of development software is released:  "breaking changes".

An incentive to keep your code as mainstream as possible, and an incentive for programming book writers too?

• User profile image
    wkempf

PJL said:
    Dexter said:
    *snip*

I always am bemused to see these two words everytime a new version of development software is released:  "breaking changes".

An incentive to keep your code as mainstream as possible, and an incentive for programming book writers too?

Who uttered the words "breaking changes" anywhere in this thread or in any pages linked by this thread, other than yourself? I can't figure out what it is you're ranting about, because there's no context.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.