Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Help needed immediately

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Loadsgood

I need help for one of my umm... "friends" yes thats it... "friend" (cough, cough) uh not me, no I don't need help, but my err "friend" needs help on the basics of code, you know like how to start a section of code, end it. When the person opens the program they enter some numbers and get answers back out; how to make a background just umm... general starting tips please. My friend would very much appreciate it. Smiley

PS - Visual Basic code please.

• User profile image
    Jazzynupe

Tell your.. UMMMM friend.. that VB.NET is not bad to get started with...

Basic code.. UMMM console app... can't get more basic than that...

I am sure there are others here who can guide you better... but as an intermediate to a novice here you go...

Module Module1

Sub Main()

Console.WriteLine("simple app")

End Sub

End Module

How's that for easy...

What does this mean? Well you have a block of code called main... this main runs a command for the System.Console class (the system part is "hidden") then it tells that class to write a line of text saying "simple app"..

Not bad for a simple app... Of course it only gets more and more complicated for there, but you can't get much simpler than that.. Smiley

• User profile image
    spod

Hi loadsgood...

i'm not saying vb.net isn't a good choice...but your friend might also want to give c# a go also: the framework and runtime are the same, so the choice is primarily one of which syntax she prefers...

http://www.csharpfriends.com/statics/csharp.aspx

looks like a nice starting point if they want to give it a try 

links to hello world etc here...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/csref/html/vcoricsharptutorials.asp

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

I have... oops I mean my "friend" has Visual studio .net and needs to know what type of Visual Basic .net thing to make, a solution? a project? what? There are so many choice which is the right one?

Thanks

• User profile image
    Donkslayer

Bump

• User profile image
    rhm

Donkslayer wrote:
    Bump

Dude, stop bumping threads. Who the hell cares about this 'urgent' question from last May now?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.