Tech Off Thread

4 posts

using ASP.NET Sql server Registration tool

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    venkatzeus

Hi,

I am trying to register Roles and membership in the Sql Server 2005. I have sql server 2000 and Sql server 2005 in my windows server 2003 machine.

In the command prompt, I tried the following and got the below error:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regsql -A all -E

Start adding the following features:
    Membership
    RoleManager
    Personalization
    SqlWebEventProvider

An error has occurred. Details of the exception:
    .The client was unable to establish a connection because of an error during conn
    ection initialization process before login. Possible causes include the followin
    g:  the client tried to connect to an unsupported version of SQL Server; the ser
    ver was too busy to accept new connections; or there was a resource limitation (
    insufficient memory or maximum allowed connections) on the server. (provider: Na
    med Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

Unable to connect to SQL Server database.

How to add the Roles and Membership?

Thank you

• User profile image
    W3bbo

The error message is pretty self explanatory. What part of it don't you understand?

• User profile image
    venkatzeus

W3bbo said:

The error message is pretty self explanatory. What part of it don't you understand?

Hi,

I have logged in as windows user, so the authentication part should be fine.

So didnt knew what went wrong?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

venkatzeus said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

Hi,

I have logged in as windows user, so the authentication part should be fine.

So didnt knew what went wrong?

The error message is basically saying that it couldn't find the SQL Server you're trying to connect to using Named Pipes.

What's your connection string or connection settings?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.