Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Crystalized in VS 2010

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Jersey526

Can anyone point me to a decent reference to usage for the downloaded Crystal Reports for VS 2010?  My VS 2008 reportviewer code is blowing up in the 2010 version.

Thanks,

Larry

• User profile image
    lensman

Documentation, what documentation?  Big Smile  Am I the only person who things technology companies do not have a clue on documenation?  Both Microsoft and Crystal are horrible at it.

VS 2010 does not come with Crystal Reports.  It is a beta download which implies that a full release will be done in July.

Now that is not to say it does not work.  I have mulitple projects based upon Crystal XI-R2 which compile and run without problems in VS 2010.  The only difficulties I had were reference related.  I have to manually add the correct references.  Once the correct references are added, everything works.

NOTE:  If you are trying to run Crystal on a X64 box, that seems to be impossible.  I have to compile code as X86 to get things to work.  When compiled as X86 (vs any cpu or X64) crystal works flawlessly.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.