Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WPF Command Link

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Bas

Has anyone been able to add a Command Link control to a WPF window? I've been messing around with the Windows API code pack but as far as I can tell there's only two WPF controls in there, ExplorerBrowser and CommandLink. I've tried playing around with the CommandLink control but due to a complete lack of documentation I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually use it. All the samples in the Windows API Code Pack seem to be WinForms, so those aren't any help either. Am I missing something glaringly obvious here?

• User profile image
    vesuvius

You can add a command link in WPF, as they have a class that inherity from usercontrol that does this.

There is documentation if you go to where you downloaded the source code that is where I have got this info. Unfortunately for me I have had to develop inclusive (or should that be exclusive) of XP, as most business just will not move to another OS, otherwise I'd probably be more of assist with real world code and solutions.

• User profile image
    Bas

vesuvius said:

You can add a command link in WPF, as they have a class that inherity from usercontrol that does this.

There is documentation if you go to where you downloaded the source code that is where I have got this info. Unfortunately for me I have had to develop inclusive (or should that be exclusive) of XP, as most business just will not move to another OS, otherwise I'd probably be more of assist with real world code and solutions.

If you mean the WindowsAPICodePackHelp.exe, that's just a help file that was presumably generated from XML comments. It simply lists the various classes and their members in the library, with some minimal descriptions. I'm thinking more along the lines of documentation that actually explains how to use the various controls in the library, because simply setting the various properties of a CommandLink does absolutely nothing.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.