Tech Off Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

FormView Control

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

Hi

I have a formView control.  It has a checkbox when the user ticks the checkbox and I it to fire the event.  As it's nested inside the formview I'm using findcontrol but I can't get it to fire.  Any suggestions ?  Most welcome.

Thanks

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

7 views an no replies.  Do you guys understand my question?

• User profile image
    vesuvius

As I understand it you have a checkbox control that is in a formview which acts like a list control and generates x amout of items. I think you need to work out the index of the checkbox against the numer of items in the form view so you can handle whatever action you need to. you won't be able to find the control by name

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

vesuvius said:

As I understand it you have a checkbox control that is in a formview which acts like a list control and generates x amout of items. I think you need to work out the index of the checkbox against the numer of items in the form view so you can handle whatever action you need to. you won't be able to find the control by name

Thanks for the reply... any examples?

• User profile image
    vesuvius

Kryptos said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

Thanks for the reply... any examples?

http://www.asp.net/data-access/tutorials/custom-formatting-based-upon-data-vb

Scroll down the page whuch should show you how to deal with the databount item. C# tutorial is available at the top

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

still can't get it working.... Sad

• User profile image
    vesuvius

Kryptos said:

still can't get it working.... Sad

can you post a code sample, there are loads of web experts here on channel 9?

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

vesuvius said:
    Kryptos said:
    *snip*

can you post a code sample, there are loads of web experts here on channel 9?

I could.

But all I'm doing is dragging on a formview control and connecting directly to SQL Server.

When you run the form, in insert mode.  When a checkbox is checked, I want to run code, this what I can't get working.

Thanks for helping.

EDIT: typo's.

• User profile image
    figuerres

Kryptos said:
    vesuvius said:
    *snip*

I could.

But all I'm doing is dragging on a formview control and connecting directly to SQL Server.

When you run the form, in insert mode.  When a checkbox is checked, I want to run code, this what I can't get working.

Thanks for helping.

EDIT: typo's.

what event are you wantimg to fire?

are you looking for a server side asp.net event of a client side javascript one?

formview can be tricky for some things.

this is bound to a bool in what? is the form bound to a database ?

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

figuerres said:
    Kryptos said:
    *snip*

what event are you wantimg to fire?

are you looking for a server side asp.net event of a client side javascript one?

formview can be tricky for some things.

this is bound to a bool in what? is the form bound to a database ?

asp.net event, server side.

Yes the form is bound to a database.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.