Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Connecting my PC to Bluray player using WMC

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Doctor Who

I've just got a new Bluray player, and it can connect to my network.  I think that's what I need, in order to connect my PC (Windows 7 machine) to the Bluray player using Windows Media Center.  Am I correct?  And if so, how?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Windows Media Center only matters if your BD player doubles as a Media Center Extender. If it doesn't then all the Network feature will give you is DNLA support, so you'll be able to play music over the network, but I doubt video would work.

• User profile image
    spivonious

I doubt your BD player is an extender. The network connection is simply to get access to the Internet "widgets" that the BD player manufacturer provides. For example, my Panasonic DMP-65 gives access to Netflix, Youtube, and some others.

• User profile image
    SimonJ

Your BlueRay Player probabaly only uses the network connection to get BDLive content when you're playing a disc.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

W3bbo said:

Windows Media Center only matters if your BD player doubles as a Media Center Extender. If it doesn't then all the Network feature will give you is DNLA support, so you'll be able to play music over the network, but I doubt video would work.

You can lookup your product to see if it supports dlna: http://www.dlna.org/products

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.