Tech Off Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Can't install .NET4

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

I'm trying to install the .NET Framework 4.0 on my LAN's server and I just get "Fatal error during installation" with zero useful information.

I was able to access the installation logs which seem unncessarily verbose, but nonetheless about 75% of the way though the log I see this:

Error: Cannot open manifest file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ServiceModelPerformanceCounters.man, returned error code is 3.

Error: Unable to uninstall performance counters defined in the counter definition XML file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ServiceModelPerformanceCounters.man.

Then a few lines down:

Unable to open driver SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ServiceModelEndpoint 4.0.0.0. Status: 2

The Event Viewer proves more useful:

"Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile -- Error 1406. Could not write value ImplementedInThisVersion to key \Software\Classes\CLSID\{B81FF171-20F3-11d2-8DCC-00A0C9B00525}\InprocServer32\4.0.30319.  System error .  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

"Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64-based Systems (KB982671)."

Some guy in a thread suggested running "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose" but in my case it didn't do anything (besides reset my Theme setting).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.