Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Can't access SSIS from my desktop

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    qwert231

We have our SQL server (SQL01) running Analysis services and Integration services.

Through Management Studio, I'd like to browse Integration services, but I get 'Access Denied'. I am in the SQLAdmin active directory group that has quite a bit of rights on the server. Why can I not get in to SSIS?

We've tried a few things from google, but nothing gets me in.

• User profile image
    davewill

If you have access to the SQL logs and the Windows logs, check them to see who is doing the deny.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

SQL security has nothing to do with SSAS security

Connect to the SSAS as administrator on the local machine, then add yourself as a sys-admin on the property.

For SSIS you have to be a member of the SSIS users group on the server.

• User profile image
    qwert231

Maddus Mattus said:

SQL security has nothing to do with SSAS security

Connect to the SSAS as administrator on the local machine, then add yourself as a sys-admin on the property.

For SSIS you have to be a member of the SSIS users group on the server.

What is the name of the SSIS user group? I am looking for an online article, but not finding one.

• User profile image
    qwert231

If my AD account gets put in the machine's Administrators group, I can access this. We have a SQLAdmins group on the network, which I am in. If this gets put into the Administrators group on the machine, I have access. It's something with permission. Since I'm not a network admin, I should not have Administrator rights to the box, but as a developer, I am given the SQLAdmins group level. What permissions could we add to the SQLAdmins group to allow SQL Admins to use SSIS?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.