Tech Off Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Mobile Directories || Directorios windows mobile

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    strock1

Hello

I have a doubt about the system files in mi cellphone(Omnnia II) with Windows Mobile 6.1.

I saw some video about the system files in Windows Mobile("\"), but I don´t found information about how I access to my extra memory (SD memory).  This memory helps me to have more storage in my cellphone. How access to this memory by code?

Can we help me?

Thanks.

***************************************************************************************************

Hola:

Tengo una duda acerca de mis systema de archivos en mi celular(Omnia II) con Windows Mobile 6.1.

Estuve viendo unos videos acerca de el sistema de archivos en Windows Mobile("\"), pero no encuentro información de como accesar a mi memorias externas(memorias SD). Esta memoria me ayuida a tener mas almacenamiento en mi memoria. ¿Cómo acceso a mi memoria por codigo?

Pueden ayudarme

Gracias

• User profile image
    W3bbo

What framework are you using? It should work just by using the path "\SD Card\", I did write a program that worked with SD and CF cards a few years ago, but I've forgotten if I did anything special at all.

• User profile image
    strock1

W3bbo said:

What framework are you using? It should work just by using the path "\SD Card\", I did write a program that worked with SD and CF cards a few years ago, but I've forgotten if I did anything special at all.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I  work with the compact framework 3.5

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta.

Estoy trabajando con el compact framework 3.5

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I believe you will have to use PInvoke to call FindFirstFlashCard and FindNextFlashCard to enumerate the storage card directories on the device. I don't think you should assume the path is "\SD Card", it may be different on localized versions of Windows Mobile, and a single device can have multiple storage card slots.

See here for more info.

• User profile image
    davewill

W3bbo said:

Keep in mind not all vendors use the name "SD Card".  Some call it "Storage Card".

Use something like this to get an idea:

Dim deviceRoot As System.IO.DirectoryInfo = New System.IO.DirectoryInfo("\")
          For Each fsi As System.IO.FileSystemInfo In deviceRoot.GetFileSystemInfos
            If (fsi.Attributes And System.IO.FileAttributes.Directory) <> 0 AndAlso (fsi.Attributes And System.IO.FileAttributes.Temporary) <> 0 Then

• User profile image
    strock1

Sven Groot said:

I believe you will have to use PInvoke to call FindFirstFlashCard and FindNextFlashCard to enumerate the storage card directories on the device. I don't think you should assume the path is "\SD Card", it may be different on localized versions of Windows Mobile, and a single device can have multiple storage card slots.

See here for more info.

Y red about this topic but, however it uses other language(C#).

• User profile image
    W3bbo

davewill said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

Keep in mind not all vendors use the name "SD Card".  Some call it "Storage Card".

Use something like this to get an idea:

Dim deviceRoot As System.IO.DirectoryInfo = New System.IO.DirectoryInfo("\")
          For Each fsi As System.IO.FileSystemInfo In deviceRoot.GetFileSystemInfos
            If (fsi.Attributes And System.IO.FileAttributes.Directory) <> 0 AndAlso (fsi.Attributes And System.IO.FileAttributes.Temporary) <> 0 Then

Yeah, that was it; I enumerated folders and checked if they were temporary.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

strock1 said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

C# and VB.NET both use the same framework and class library, the only difference is syntax. C# is easy enough to read (basically the same as VB.NET but with different keywords), so if that's stopping you from doing your work you might want to reconsider the scale of project you're attempting.

• User profile image
    strock1

strock1 said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*

Hello

With this instrucction

New System.IO.DirectoryInfo("\"). Because "/" is the root folder.

You get  only the local storage.

I through with this

string[] directorios = Directory.GetDirectories(@"\");

foreach (string item in directorios.ToList())
                {
                    MessageBox.Show(item);
                }

This code only gives me the root folder´s.

Thanks.

• User profile image
    strock1

strock1 said:
    strock1 said:
    *snip*

Hello

With this instrucction

New System.IO.DirectoryInfo("\"). Because "/" is the root folder.

You get  only the local storage.

I through with this

string[] directorios = Directory.GetDirectories(@"\");

foreach (string item in directorios.ToList())
                {
                    MessageBox.Show(item);
                }

This code only gives me the root folder´s.

Thanks.

Thanks,

I have worked with two differents language (C# and Visual). However in the page I found  instrucctions like:

HANDLE
    WIN32_FIND_DATA

I don´t now what namespace i found this.

• User profile image
    strock1

Thanks everybody:

I finally found the SD Card. I used the syncronization program. The name of the SD Card is "My Storage".

Regards

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

strock1 said:
    strock1 said:
    *snip*

Thanks,

I have worked with two differents language (C# and Visual). However in the page I found  instrucctions like:

HANDLE
    WIN32_FIND_DATA

I don´t now what namespace i found this.

That's C++. You need to find (or define yourself) the PInvoke signatures for those types. HANDLE would just be an IntPtr, WIN32_FIND_DATA is a structure so you need to define that yourself.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.