Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Fortress

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    exoteric

Project Fortress Implementation Status | slides

JVM Summit 2010

Implicit parallelism! Uses a "Fork if Profitable" parallism analyzer to decide when to actually parallize.

• User profile image
    vesuvius

I had not realised that Guy Steele had moved to Oracle. The program they have written will be useful for some people I work with, so cheers for the pointer.

• User profile image
    exoteric

vesuvius said:

I had not realised that Guy Steele had moved to Oracle. The program they have written will be useful for some people I work with, so cheers for the pointer.

Well Oracle aquired Sun and by proxy Guy Steele. Some people left, including the father of Java, James Gosling.

• User profile image
    contextfree`

Now they need to generalize that and implement an underpants gnome business plan solver that automatically infers the content of the ??? steps.

• User profile image
    Charles

I'd argue that cracking the highschool math books does not guarantee sufficient levels of intuition for efficient and effective comprehension.

C Sea See

• User profile image
    exoteric

Charles said:

I'd argue that cracking the highschool math books does not guarantee sufficient levels of intuition for efficient and effective comprehension.

C Sea See

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by that? Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

exoteric said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by that? Smiley

I was responding to her assertion that all you need to have done is crack the highschool math books to be sufficiently prepared for her presentation on Fortress. I think that's stretching it a bit...

C

• User profile image
    exoteric

Charles said:
    exoteric said:
    *snip*

I was responding to her assertion that all you need to have done is crack the highschool math books to be sufficiently prepared for her presentation on Fortress. I think that's stretching it a bit...

C

Gotcha.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.