Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Beta 2 Express Sku's

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    wacko

JUST an FYI the beta 2 express SKU's are live..

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

And apparently they work quite well with the March 2005 Avalon/Indigo CTP. I thought that it was stated that they would not work and an additional drop would have to be made to synch the two? I guess we'll find out when I update!

• User profile image
    Iain Norman

I'm getting 4KB/Sec, gonna have to have a little patience methinks Smiley

EDIT: The direct links to the disc images though perform fine for me if anyone's having speed issues.

EDIT: Damn and blast you all, I should have kept my mouth shut! Smiley Speed has suddenly dropped right off!

• User profile image
    WilleFFM

Tyler Brown wrote:
    And apparently they work quite well with the March 2005 Avalon/Indigo CTP. I thought that it was stated that they would not work and an additional drop would have to be made to synch the two? I guess we'll find out when I update!

How did you got Avalon march CTP work with VS2005 Beta 2? Did you first installed Avalon and then VS2005?
    My VS2005 quits after a few seconds, after I installed Avalon march CTP.

Wille

• User profile image
    Iain Norman

Well after a long download I've got WMD and VC#X installed.

The designers have really gone in for curves Smiley. Quite pleasing to the eye actually.

I've started to redevelop something in VC#X that I was working on in Beta 1. The biggest difference so far is the speed, it's not crawling along like it did before for me.

Didn't have much luck with SQLX though it seems to be a bit of a bugbear as far as gracefully uninstalling previously, not to be unexpected with a Beta 1, I'm going to have to reinstall Windows at the weekend.

Haven't toyed much with WMD yet, had a quick play and the whole kicking the server into action and debugging party seemed to kick off much quicker.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

WilleFFM wrote:

How did you got Avalon march CTP work with VS2005 Beta 2? Did you first installed Avalon and then VS2005?
    My VS2005 quits after a few seconds, after I installed Avalon march CTP.

Wille

I wasn't able to get the two working together. After I uninstalled everything, I installed Beta 2 of Visual C# Express. I then installed the .NET framework that came with the Avalon, Indigo and WinFX CTP's followed by Avalon. Avalon ended up reporting that it requires an earlier build of .NET (the one installed right before Avalon). If you check my blog you will see that Microsoft is working hard at releasing a CTP build that will be in synch with Beta 2.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.