Tech Off Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Please help: EPP client or class wanted!

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Hello niners,

I'm looking for something that can't be found on the Internet (at least not with MSN/Google etc.) so I hope to have more luck over here:

Can someone help me find an EPP (Extensible Provisioning Protocol) client or class, written in .NET (VB.NET or C#, doesn't matter).

Here is an example in Java, unfortunately I can't use that as our environment requires .NET:
    http://www.y1.be/eppclient_java.htm

Surely this must exist in .NET too? Or maybe somebody who knows Java can convert this to .NET?

Thanks!!!

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Well, actually it comes down to this:

• establish an SSL connection to the server
    • read the initial greeting (which the server will sent after ssl handshake)
    • repeat:
      • compose an EPP command
      • write the command on the socket
      • read the reply from the socket
      • process the reply (eg. parse with xml parser)

If you can give me a hint about what to use to accomplish this in .NET (2.0), I can probably go ahead and write my own EPP class.

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

So, nobody here has ever worked with or had any experience with EPP?!

• User profile image
    Maurits

Sounds like all you need to do is establish a socket connection and read/write from it.  Since you mentioned .NET 2.0 try SslStream (tutorial)

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Thank you Maurits, that sounds indeed like the thing I need!  I'll check it out!

• User profile image
    MLetterman

Hi!

I have the same problem here. I searched many hours on the net to find some vb6 or asp examples. This power tcp is a bit too expensive for me. Does any1 have a vb or an asp example? Thanks!!!

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Well, turns out you don't need to buy or download anything at all!
    .NET 2.0 has everything you need build in, and it's really simple.

Only thing that can be a PITA is the conversion to and from byte arrays and the different encodings...

Dim client As New Net.Sockets.TcpClient("epp.registry.com", 33123)

Dim sslStream As New Net.Security.SslStream(client.GetStream, False, New Net.Security.RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(AddressOf ValidateServerCertificate), Nothing)

Try

sslStream.AuthenticateAsClient("epp.registry.com")

Catch ex As Exception

'Logging

client.Close()

End Try

sslStream.Write(<your byte array here>)
    sslStream.Flush()

client.Close()

• User profile image
    DarthDread

Hey dotnetjunkie!

Did you manage to get it all working using SslStream to do the EPP domain registry stuff?

I have a project where I am looking at doing the same.
    Would love some help.

Maybe I can pay you to assist?

Would love to discuss with you

DarthDread at gmail

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

If you want to write text to a Stream, you don't have to manually convert it to byte arrays: you can use a StreamWriter for that. To read text from a Stream, use a StreamReader.

• User profile image
    cfreak

I'm playing with that for one week now, no Luck.

I get the greeting but i can't send anything or i don't get an answer..

Has anybody some sources for me?

coding -at-  cfreak -  de 

• User profile image
    shahid.​mehboob

Hi dotnetjunkie

i am facing the same problem
    u must have had got it resolved as its a very old thread
    well i m implementing the same type application which has to communicate with an epp server and its in belgium too
    the problem is not only very resembling but i think the same.
    please guide how did u get it resolved?
    i am having a problem with the server
    your post was very helpful but please explain about ValidateServerCertificate in the line at the end
    where is it coming from ? do i have to implement this method or property myself ? if yes then how ?
    as a newbie i would appreciate if u "spoon feed" me . lol

Dim sslStream As New Net.Security.SslStream(client.GetStream, False, New Net.Security.RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(AddressOf ValidateServerCertificate), Nothing)

thanx

• User profile image
    shahid.​mehboob

I want to send this command to "epp.registry.tryout.be" at the port 33128. This is an EPP

server which is to be connected through SSL connection

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"
         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd">
      <hello/>
    </epp>

This will generate a Greeting in the same (XML) format. I want to store that greeting to a

string using some xml parser i am not sure .
    Please help in vb.net!

• User profile image
    CoNiO

shahid.mehboob said:

I want to send this command to "epp.registry.tryout.be" at the port 33128. This is an EPP

server which is to be connected through SSL connection

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"
         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd">
      <hello/>
    </epp>

This will generate a Greeting in the same (XML) format. I want to store that greeting to a

string using some xml parser i am not sure .
    Please help in vb.net!

did you find the answer ? I'm also busy with making a connection to the epp server of dns.be ... and it's works in C# . But I have other troubles like when I send the login, I get back a greeting message ... ?!?!?!?

I'm mailed allready to dns.be and nobody has expirience with any .net language ...

• User profile image
    nme

CoNiO said:
    shahid.mehboob said:
    *snip*
    did you find the answer ? I'm also busy with making a connection to the epp server of dns.be ... and it's works in C# . But I have other troubles like when I send the login, I get back a greeting message ... ?!?!?!?

I'm mailed allready to dns.be and nobody has expirience with any .net language ...
    Hi, we are in the process of developing an EPP client API in C#.NET - primarily for use by our internal registrar system (for Step One, based in Oslo, Norway). Our product web site is at http://eppclient.com/. We are hoping to get an early version out in October, but the scheduled public release is not until November.

Is there any need and want for such a product? If you are interested, you are welcome to sign up for our EPP client newsletter at  http://eppclient.com/...

I know we're a bit late for the person starting the thread - at least I hope that is the case, for her/his sake Smiley Our national TLD registry in Norway, NORID, are planning to employ EPP by the coming spring in 2009 - that's what initially spawned our search for .NET libraries for EPP, of which I have found none...

• User profile image
    mcortez

nme said:
    CoNiO said:
    *snip*
    Hi, we are in the process of developing an EPP client API in C#.NET - primarily for use by our internal registrar system (for Step One, based in Oslo, Norway). Our product web site is at http://eppclient.com/. We are hoping to get an early version out in October, but the scheduled public release is not until November.

Is there any need and want for such a product? If you are interested, you are welcome to sign up for our EPP client newsletter at  http://eppclient.com/...

I know we're a bit late for the person starting the thread - at least I hope that is the case, for her/his sake Smiley Our national TLD registry in Norway, NORID, are planning to employ EPP by the coming spring in 2009 - that's what initially spawned our search for .NET libraries for EPP, of which I have found none...

hi, I'm developing an web service application to connect with a EPP Server, so I have a problem with the TCP connection, I'm using the SslStream class, but i need to use a certificate with the connection this part of the code, 

this.sslStream = new SslStream(this._TcpClient.GetStream(), false, new RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(ValidateServerCertificate));
    X509Certificate Certificate = X509Certificate.CreateFromCertFile(this._ArchivoCertificado);
    X509CertificateCollection X509Collection = new X509CertificateCollection();
    X509Collection.Add(Certificate);
    this.sslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(this.ServerCertificate, X509Collection, SslProtocols.Tls, false);

is so similar to the code that use dotnetjunkie but with the part of certificates, the thing is I'm getting an error --> Exception Message = A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
    InnerException Message = An unknown error occurred while processing the certificate

so, you have experiment some related problem with the connection??? I'm using C# 2005
    If you have any idea I appreciate your comments, thanks...

• User profile image
    Do Kedero

Dit somebody came up with a working solution? Or is it that hard to create it in .NET?  I tried myself for the belgian dns system, but it doesn't want to work, maybe somebody else gots some code that works?

thx in advance Smiley

• User profile image
    CoNiO

Do Kedero said:
    Dit somebody came up with a working solution? Or is it that hard to create it in .NET?  I tried myself for the belgian dns system, but it doesn't want to work, maybe somebody else gots some code that works?

thx in advance Smiley
    yes I founded the answer. Please feel free to contact me at my site http://www.x-it.be

Regards !

Joeri

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.