Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Tablet PC Exclamation Gesture

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Sk4rlath

Googled all around the web trying to find someone else with this issue, and I couldn't think of a better place to ask.  Hey, might even get some of the people on the team to let me know whats up.

I have been trying very hard to get my app to recognize the exclamation gesture.  Its the only one I can't see how to draw/get the code to recognize.  For reference, this is a .NET WinForms app with a single form and a big ol' InkPicture control docked to fill.  I am listening to the Gesture event and I have gesture recognition turned on (I can get all of the other gestures to work).  I've tried SetGestureStatus-ing to AllGestures, just Exclamation, Exclamation and Tap, everything I can think of.  It adamantly refuses to recognize Exclamation!  The most I get is a Down followed by a Tap, just a Tap, or nothing at all.  I'm doing it as quick as I can - do I just really suck at drawing exclamation points?

If anybody can help me out with this (Tablet PC team ultra-coder or otherwise) I'd greatly appreciate it.  Not blocking any sort of project, but I'd really like to know why I can't get this one to work!

• User profile image
    Knute

Here is a quote from someone else, not me:

“Exclamation Gesture“ is a double-stroke gesture.

Double-stroke gestures are not recognized when using InkAndGesture mode. You have to be sure to use GestureOnly mode."

HTH,

~ Knute

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.