Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

NAPTR support?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Is it somehow possible to use NAPTR records in Microsoft DNS?

If not, will this be added in the next release?

• User profile image
    Wilfried​Bonaire

Did you have any reply on this (old) thread?
    I'm very interested if this is possible, or any other information you might have got on this subject.
    Anything planned in Windows "Longhorn" perhaps?

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Unfortunately, no, and even now, 2 years later, only this post shows up when doing a web search for NAPTR on Windows DNS!

I completely forgot that I asked this same question back then already, and still have the same problem today!

Nowadays, NAPTR records are needed A LOT, and still, Microsoft didn't release an update to make their DNS support it... I'm baffled.

I really hope that this message catches the attention of someone at Microsoft, and that they can forward this question to the windows team?

Is it finally supported in Windows 2008 Server?
    I can't fire up a VPC right now, so can someone running Longhorn beta3 please have a look?

Thanks!

• User profile image
    Ricsip

dotnetjunkie said:
    Unfortunately, no, and even now, 2 years later, only this post shows up when doing a web search for NAPTR on Windows DNS!

I completely forgot that I asked this same question back then already, and still have the same problem today!

Nowadays, NAPTR records are needed A LOT, and still, Microsoft didn't release an update to make their DNS support it... I'm baffled.

I really hope that this message catches the attention of someone at Microsoft, and that they can forward this question to the windows team?

Is it finally supported in Windows 2008 Server?
    I can't fire up a VPC right now, so can someone running Longhorn beta3 please have a look?

Thanks!

Haha, +2 years and still nobody cares about you Smiley

Nobody in the world will find this topic, so dont expect any single MS person will raise his finger to do anything.

• User profile image
    hanyforever

its there in windows 2008 R2

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.