Tech Off Thread

24 posts

Building a Picture Frame with Windows CE 5.0 - Step 1

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Shrage

mikehall wrote:
    We were using a desktop PC running Camtasia to capture the output from an RDP connection to my Toshiba M200 laptop.
    - Mike

What's an RDP connection

• User profile image
    Shrage

Hi, WinInsider thanks for the information about Windows Media Encoder 9, i d'l it and i love this feature, aspecialy thay it's free Smiley

• User profile image
    vimkar

great job

• User profile image
    Gidion2k4

Always cool to come accross this project again Smiley I love it. But the question that comes to mind (that's why I'm posting and I hope somebody might read it) is what possibilites there are to keep a project such as this running more than 120 days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tools and the image expires after 120 days? Ok, that's not nice but it's understandable *g*. Further up there is a link to the licensing stuff.

Ok, the $995 for the development tools are way out of reach for private/student projects. But the $9 or $16 per runtime license sound ok - if they actually sell them a single licenses (which I don't believe, but I'll just assume it - because you could always group up a bunch of people and buy the minimum amount of licenses).

But, the question is, can I use an OS image from the development eval kit with a real (bought) runtime license and so make it run way after the 120-days?

If not, what are all you guys doing CE projects out there doing? Do you keep downloading the eval kits and rebuilding os images?? I'm keen to know...

• User profile image
    ZippyV

The images don't expire.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ZippyV wrote:
    The images don't expire.

...what's this video thread doing ressurected in Techoff?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.