Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Access forms 2 questions

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    qwert231

One, I have a form, with multiple sub forms. So, in MainForm I have Sub1, Sub2, and Sub3. As I navigate through MainForm, Sub1 updates. I want Sub2 and Sub3 to update as I navigate through Sub1.

Second, is it possible to have a listbox on MainForm that navigates through records using values from those records? instead of having to navigate with the record buttons? Going through one at a time is slow, I want my users to be able to look at the list and click on an item, and have it pull that up.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

How about:

Do Until rs.EOF 

listbox.Add(rs("ID"))

Loop

Private Sub listbox_Click()

frm.<do whatever to go to correct record>

End Sub

• User profile image
    qwert231

Umm... this is in Access, Access 2002 to be exact.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

qwert231 wrote:
    Umm... this is in Access, Access 2002 to be exact.

T'was psuedocode Smiley

But I'm aware you can get Access to generate Recordsets in ADO from within Access's VBA, its just a matter of manipulating the ADO objects and adjusting the controls on the form appropriately.

• User profile image
    qwert231

Ok... I'm sure this should help, but I'm a bit slow with Access, I'm not in it a lot. Can you offer a bit more explaination?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

qwert231 wrote:
    Ok... I'm sure this should help, but I'm a bit slow with Access, I'm not in it a lot. Can you offer a bit more explaination?

Actually, nevermind that.

I just opened Access and created a Drop-down listbox, I then got a popup telling me that Access could make this drop-down box act as a "record selector".

...have you tried that?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.