Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Virtual Earth and Google Maps Comparison

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    MySchizo​Buddy

Microsoft recently launched a beta release of 'Virtual Earth'. Which as the name might suggest is a direct competition for 'Google Earth' or is it? Re branding a Corolla with BMW badge doesn't make it a Mercedes competition. It remains competition for Civic. I will compare Virtual Earth and 'Google Maps'.

continue reading here

• User profile image
    Travis H

All I can say is that the Google EarthPro beats anything Microsoft could ever make.

It is really really awesome, It's like a 3D game except you walk around on the real earth.  Buildings are all 3D, 3D terrain, its really amazing!

• User profile image
    keeron

Travis H. wrote:
    All I can say is that the Google EarthPro beats anything Microsoft could ever make.

It is really really awesome, It's like a 3D game except you walk around on the real earth.  Buildings are all 3D, 3D terrain, its really amazing!

Yeah, google earth is good if you want some "3d" fun, but for real stuff - Virtual Earth (they are beta and soon will add other countries) is the real thing. The interface is slick and they have some good functionality that google lacks.

• User profile image
    Comic Strip Blogger

they both don't have satellite may for Europe - Google has some - but only London is _:-( in de tail...

• User profile image
    Khamul

Can I just remind people that Google Earth and Google Maps are different things.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.