Here, I copy paste from what I posted earlier in answers.microsoft.com
I upgraded my Laptop Toshiba L500D from Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) to Windows 8 Pro (x64) a few days ago, then I realized yesterday I could not connect to WiFi connection. I have tried search on the internet how to fix it, but no luck. Here are the following list I have tried so far:
- Update to latest Driver by going to "Device Manager", click right "Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter" then click "Update Driver Software...".
- Go to Toshiba Website, download "Realtek Wireless Lan Driver" for Windows 7 (x64) and install it by running in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
- Go to BIOS, by pressing F2 before Windows 8 loaded, and enable Wireless Communication.
- Troubleshooting "Network Adapter (WiFi)" and it gave this advice:
"Turn on wireless capability
Use the switch on the front or side of the computer, or function keys if available, to enable wireless capability on this computer."
- Go to Settings -> Change PC Settings -> Wireless, and I got this: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2959/62721723.png
How am I suppose to switch it on, if the switch is disabled? The airplane is also off, so I suppose the Wireless switch should be enable so I can turn it on and off, but no, the wifi switch is still disabled.
Any advice will be appreciated.