Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Share a printer with Home Server 2011 ?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    cro

I have upgrade my home server to 2011 and now the printer don't print anymore. I can see the printer on the network, I can install the printer but when I try to print the test page, I've got a message that said "The test page could not be printed". Then I started the wizard to solve the problem and of course, that didn't work.

Any idea ?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Hmm, sounds odd. The printer driver model didn't change from NT6 to NT6.1, but it could be a driver issue.

How did you upgrade? Did you do an upgrade installation or install Windows from scratch? If it's the former then I'm afraid that's a risk of an upgrade-install.

Is there anything in the Event Log?

• User profile image
    cro

I have install the server from scratch. The printer is a samsung ml 2510 and I have install the win7 driver and I can print from the server. I have install the print server role and after that I have share the printer from the network and sharing center.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.