Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Share a printer with Home Server 2011 ?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    cro

I have upgrade my home server to 2011 and now the printer don't print anymore. I can see the printer on the network, I can install the printer but when I try to print the test page, I've got a message that said "The test page could not be printed". Then I started the wizard to solve the problem and of course, that didn't work.

Any idea ?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Hmm, sounds odd. The printer driver model didn't change from NT6 to NT6.1, but it could be a driver issue.

How did you upgrade? Did you do an upgrade installation or install Windows from scratch? If it's the former then I'm afraid that's a risk of an upgrade-install.

Is there anything in the Event Log?

• User profile image
    cro

I have install the server from scratch. The printer is a samsung ml 2510 and I have install the win7 driver and I can print from the server. I have install the print server role and after that I have share the printer from the network and sharing center.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.