Questions for WSL FAQ
1. Are file locks compatible between L and W? Max size of 32 or 64?
2. Possible to create multiple SSH/telnet sessions?
3. Regarding process creation, is it as simple as Windows executable (PE) launches a Win32 process, an ELF binary launches syscall emulator? No exceptions?
4. Is there a win32 emulator for ELF binaries so I can call Win32 from ELF?
5. Does .Net Core work?
6. Is serial I/O working?
7. A worst case performance scenario for Linux syscalls is byte-by-byte I/O?
8. Is an ELF binary's return code available to Windows ERRORLEVEL?
9. Have a changes to PE executable format been forced? I'm sure this is on the roadmap.
10. Is there a syscall compatibility list (in release notes)?
11. How can I use Visual Studio to compile to ELF binary?
12. How can I use Visual Studio to debug ELF process?
13. Any changes to C++ or .Net to support Linux (e.g. compiler constants)?
14. Is there a WSL forum on MSDN?
15. Will WSL be opened sourced?
16. Are select(), poll() supported?
17. Can I do COM calls between L and W?