Niner since 2007
"Someone" asked some great questions above that I would like to respond to:
1. Will 2005 Express editions remain available for download and for how long?
Yes, 1 year
2. Is pricing the same? Can I upgrade from 2005 Standard to 2008 Pro for the upgrade price?
Yes, the retail prices remain the same
3. Will retail purchase be only available after the February launch?
Retail should be available starting early January
4. Any other minor features dropped in 2008 apart from J#?
No, J# was the only major feature dropped.
5. All websites will be updated soon or after the launch? I would like a detailed comparison table for editions, more detailed than the one for VS 2005. Is developing a Windows service for example not
available yet in Standard edition? You can find “what’s new in VS2008” here http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386063(VS.90).aspx">
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386063(VS.90).aspx though I am not sure this meets your exact needs if you are looking for a table based side by side comparison.
Additionally, there is a white paper about all the new features here
6. Are there ANY plans for servicing .NET 1.1 SP1?
There are no plans for an SP4 of the 1.1 Framework now, however should
customer servicing volume and demand supports a need then we would certainly respond