- The mouse-wheel support in FF is funky, but that's understandable since there's no "onmousewheel" event in FF. I'm pretty sure they faked it using the "onscroll" event or something and for that it works really well.
- I have no idea why they're using greyscale images on some parts of the map. Even if it was difficult to obtain color photos, this is something people will definitely complain about, especially since google maps is all color. The "colorized" black & whites
images look quite ridiculous.
- The Road map/Aerial photo links are easy to overlook.
- The "what and where" search, in my opinion is too complicated. It would be much easier and more user friendly if you could do searches like "Italian restaurant in Chicago" using a single input box.
- The labels on the aerial photos are excellent.
- The resolution of some of the aerial photos is stunning.
I think it's taken Microsoft a while to fully understand the potential of AJAX (which Microsoft technically invented), but with stuff like VE or Start.com, I think they're on the right track.