I just realized something that doesn't seem fair; I just grabbed the latest version of a project that my team is working, compiled it and got about 6 achievements!
I wasn't responsible for those achievements ( I wish I could say that I knew what 5 preprocessor directives were ), but instead my team was responsible, and I unfairly got credit for it.
If I want to use this to measure which of my team members is exploring .NET and VS, this "bug" prevents that, as once they compile the code they will all get achievements that my senior engineers utilized in the code.
General comment: I reviewed the achievements and while I understand that some are meant for the developer to have fun, I would like to suggest that we create ones that really show that the developer is exploring the whole .NET Framework and what Visual Studio has to offer. For example, Architecture related tasks, Testing, Performance Optimization, Code Analysis, use of Team functionality, Deployment, use of Parallel LINQ, Dynamic Data, Silverlight, User Controls, RIA Services, REST, returning data in various ways with WCF, using Reports, creating a various application types (console, Windows Service, ASP.NET, MVC, Silverlight, WPF, Windows Phone, etc.), using Workflow, using Master Pages, creating an MVC application, etc. etc.
I would like to use it as a way to review how much my various team members are exploring the whole .NET Framework and what Visual Studio offers. It's a great a fun way for people challenge themselves and an easy way for me to identify people that may need a little coaching.
I am really looking forward to using the tool within my team. I plan to have a couple of my senior onshore guys beta test the add-on for the next couple of weeks and then roll it out to my offshore team and have them try to "knock" the senior guys off the hill - just for fun competition.
Although, after I downloaded and installed the add-on, was prompted for my username and password and to authorize the app and then clicked Tools > Achievements, all I get is just the Loading... screen!
I have tried Disabling and Uninstalling and Reinstalling. I have rebooted my computer. I can't get it to work.
I am running Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel with .NET Framework 4.0.30319 SP1Rel.
I have another guy on my team that is working without issue.
Please let me know what I can do it get it working.