Jim Allchin is a wise man. I'm glad to be a 9er and I believe in transparency also -- I think it is something that will help change our culture's landscape in a myriad of ways, and it's on a logarithmic curve right now.
I'm ready for Vista.
Loading user information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading user information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
littleguru wrote: Great news! Downloading right now.
We have been waiting so long for this to happen...
From Connect or where?
Just guessing, but I think he was referring to the video
Oracle picked the most widely used Enterprise Linux distro with Redhat. That makes sense.
1) Aliens don't exist, regardless of their introversion, the 'Prime Objective' & unexplained cow mutilations.
2) Users will always demand OS choices. It is part of personal identity.
3) Cloning & enslaving one's self is unethical; pace-maker? Adam is scarey. Pair programming with one's self... LOL.
4) How to make money with internet video? Team up with content providers like Time-Warner, Sony, Viacom, etc., which is exactly what Google is doing after buying you-tube. It is inevitable this will make tons of money, and there will be commercials to foot the bill just like today.
5) Implicit, evolved topic, DRM. It is essential and necessary. I was dismayed in 1994 to personally watch OS2 Warp become available in Irkutsk, Siberia, before it was available as a retail product in the USA or anywhere else. Sickening. DRM may help stop pirating intellectual and artistic property worldwide and that is very long overdue. I'm glad Vista will support is so well.
Whoa, where did the echo come from 52 minutes in?? Cleared up at 53:58... eeeccchh.
Brad, Jason, Adam, & Brett, thanks!
Rory, I suggest a single-purpose topic and interviewees who are motivated and prepared to discuss.
My pick? Agile development and how to adopt it. Peter & Brad...
::Brad Wilson is an inspiration to me since seeing him write code at the SC-BAT workshop last March.
::I met Adam then, too, and he is very personable, but I never got to see him write code...
Very cool video.
Is there a way to extend the data associated with a Windows Live ID?
Say I want my dental records now that I've moved to Seattle from California, and I hate more unnecessary x-rays and the insurance claims bloat associated with it. Can both ends share a dynamic schema for data we put on the repository ~ Windows Live? Like a massive import mechanism?
Danny, you need to discover the right word for it. De-gadgetize. Is it a shim? I'm glad you are at Microsoft.
Scottt40 wrote:Great video and information about Linq. Does anyone know if we will be able to use this type of language in Web Service calls. Would be great improvement. Will there ever be a wizard for creating web service calls?
No mp3 download?
Length = 00:00:00 ?
Like hearing from P & P.