1. It's running from my laptop with 4 x simultaneous Virtual PC images running, plus all the applications that the laptop is running.
2. I set the Virtal PC image priority to foreground - this makes the Avalon demo work well using software acceleration, but lowers the priority of background threads.
3. I kept the defaults of the NetManage session - there is a lot of tuning that I could have done.
4. Robert caught me "on the fly" so I didn't have much chance to tune the demo.
5. My boss needs to buy me a new machine. Ahem.