Niner since 2012
Not like C++ is a walk in a park. Still lots of pitfalls:
- Remember to make constructors with one argument explicit (unless wanting automatic conversion)
- Remember to declare destructor virtual when using inheritance (usually when there are already other virtual functions)
- Remember that initialize-list in constructor follows declaration order
- String formatting libraries like printf_s is like a poison-snake, just waiting to bite
- Most of the STL iterator container safety is out of the window when in release mode (which is good), so illegal operations means crash or worse unexpected behavior.
Though I'm not saying that there doesn't exist pitfalls in the managed world.