Play Building Apps with Node.js: (03) Building a Back End
Start to build out the back end for our chat application using MongoDB as the database. Learn about the basics of real-time communication with Socket.IO and saving data with MongoDB.
- [02:37] - What are Web Sockets?
- [08:14] - Using Socket.IO to connect users, broadcast and receive messages
- [29:12] - Using a NoSQL Database
Full course outline:
- Mod 01: Introduction to Node.js
- Mod 02: Introduction to Express
- Mod 03: Building a Back End
- Mod 04: Creating the UI
- Mod 05: Connecting the UI to the Back End
- Mod 06: Debug and Deploy Node.js on Azure