Windows Phone 7.5 provides you the ability to leverage a complete SQL CE database in your application.
The purpose of this video is to show you how you might take an existing application that would benefit from a database, and modify it to take advantage of one.
Databases in Windows Phone 7.5 are manipulated using LINQ to SQL; if you're already familiar with this technology, you'll find much of this very familiar.
Here are some other resources you might find useful, with regard to using databases on Windows Phone:
- Local Database for Windows Phone (On the MSDN Library)
- How to: Create a Basic Local Database Application for Windows Phone
- How to: Create a Local Database Application with MVVM for Windows Phone
- How to: Deploy a Reference Database with a Windows Phone Application
- Local Database Sample (C# | VB)
- Adam Kinney on "How Do I: Work with a Local Database in Windows Phone 'Mango'"
Other Videos in the Get to Mango Series:
- From XNA to SL XNA
- Adding FAS to XNA
- Adding FAS to a Typical Silverlight Application
- Adding Secondary Tiles
- Adding Background Agents
- Using a Live Camera Feed
- Using Push Notifications with Secondary Tiles and Deep Toast
- Using a Local Database < - YOU ARE HERE
- Background Audio