Download this episode
Windows Phone 7.5 provides you the ability to leverage a complete SQL CE database in your application.
The purpose of this video is to show you how you might take an existing application that would benefit from a database, and modify it to take advantage of one.
Databases in Windows Phone 7.5 are manipulated using LINQ to SQL; if you're already familiar with this technology, you'll find much of this very familiar.
Here are some other resources you might find useful, with regard to using databases on Windows Phone:
- Local Database for Windows Phone (On the MSDN Library)
- How to: Create a Basic Local Database Application for Windows Phone
- How to: Create a Local Database Application with MVVM for Windows Phone
- How to: Deploy a Reference Database with a Windows Phone Application
- Local Database Sample (C# | VB)
- Adam Kinney on "How Do I: Work with a Local Database in Windows Phone 'Mango'"
Other Videos in the Get to Mango Series:
- From XNA to SL XNA
- Adding FAS to XNA
- Adding FAS to a Typical Silverlight Application
- Adding Secondary Tiles
- Adding Background Agents
- Using a Live Camera Feed
- Using Push Notifications with Secondary Tiles and Deep Toast
- Using a Local Database < - YOU ARE HERE
- Background Audio
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.