Download this episode
Microsoft MVPs Rob Miles and Andy Wigley are back! The "Building Applications for Windows Phone "Mango" Jump Start" was hosted by Microsoft Learning as a follow-up to last year's Windows Phone 7 Jump Start sessions. Mobile application developers rave about the fast-paced, demo-rich, real-world and often-times humorous approach Rob and Andy use to deliver this timely content. Now that "Mango" has made such a huge splash in the industry, we've asked them to put together another great course.
This course is specially tailored for developers looking to build cool applications and games for the new Windows Phone Mango Platform.
In module six, Rob leads a valuable session on multi-tasking and background tasks. After starting off with some essential information on Windows Phone Task Management, Rob shows options for multi-tasking with Background Agents, how to create tasks in Visual Studio, File Transfer tasks, Background Notifications and background music playback tasks.
- Mango Jump Start (01): Building Windows Phone Apps with
Visual Studio 2010
- Mango Jump Start (02): Silverlight on Windows Phone—Introduction
- Mango Jump Start (03): Silverlight on Windows Phone—Advanced
- Mango Jump Start (04): Using Expression to Build Windows Phone Interfaces
- Mango Jump Start (05): Windows Phone Fast Application Switching
- Mango Jump Start (06): Windows Phone Multi-tasking & Background Tasks
< YOU ARE HERE
- Mango Jump Start (07): Using Windows Phone Resources
(Bing Maps, Camera, etc.)
- Mango Jump Start (08a): Application Data Storage on Windows Phone | Part 1
- Mango Jump Start (08b): Application Data Storage on Windows Phone | Part 2
- Mango Jump Start (09): Using Networks with Windows Phone
- Mango Jump Start (10): Tiles & Notifications on Windows Phone
- Mango Jump Start (11a): XNA for Windows Phone | Part 1
- Mango Jump Start (11b): XNA for Windows Phone | Part 2
- Mango Jump Start (12): Selling a Windows Phone Application
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.