Microsoft MVPs Rob Miles and Andy Wigley are back! The "Building Applications for Windows Phone "Mango" Jump Start" was hosted by Microsoft Learning as a follow-up to last year's Windows Phone 7 Jump Start sessions. Mobile application developers rave about the fast-paced, demo-rich, real-world and often-times humorous approach Rob and Andy use to deliver this timely content. Now that "Mango" has made such a huge splash in the industry, we've asked them to put together another great course.
This course is specially tailored for developers looking to build cool applications and games for the new Windows Phone Mango Platform.
This is the Part 2 of two videos covering module eight. In this demo-heavy section, Andy explains Application Data Storage on Windows Phone.
Part 1 covers how to store data in Isolated Storage, options for ApplicationSettings API, Data Serialization, Database Support in Windows Phone OS 7.1, and starts a section on LINQ to SQL.
Part 2 continues LINQ to SQL (including queries, Inserts, updates, deletes, and database schema upgrades), then Andy completes the module with a valuable section on performance and best practices.
- Mango Jump Start (01): Building Windows Phone Apps with
Visual Studio 2010
- Mango Jump Start (02): Silverlight on Windows Phone—Introduction
- Mango Jump Start (03): Silverlight on Windows Phone—Advanced
- Mango Jump Start (04): Using Expression to Build Windows Phone Interfaces
- Mango Jump Start (05): Windows Phone Fast Application Switching
- Mango Jump Start (06): Windows Phone Multi-tasking & Background Tasks
- Mango Jump Start (07): Using Windows Phone Resources
(Bing Maps, Camera, etc.)
- Mango Jump Start (08a): Application Data Storage on Windows Phone | Part 1
- Mango Jump Start (08b): Application Data Storage on Windows Phone | Part 2
- < YOU ARE HERE
- Mango Jump Start (09): Using Networks with Windows Phone
- Mango Jump Start (10): Tiles & Notifications on Windows Phone
- Mango Jump Start (11a): XNA for Windows Phone | Part 1
- Mango Jump Start (11b): XNA for Windows Phone | Part 2
- Mango Jump Start (12): Selling a Windows Phone Application