Virtualization for VMware Professionals Jump Start: (07) Cross-platform Management
In this module, students experience how Microsoft and VMware compare and contrast in terms of enabling cross-platform management. The session starts with a discussion of options with Citrix XenServer, then moves into VMware vSphere/vCenter and closes with a discussion of other options (Linux, monitoring other platforms and application frameworks, Integration Packs).
- [13:29] - Protecting key apps and workloads
- [17:20] - Cross-platform management Hypervisor
- [27:19] - Cross-platform management Guest OS
Full course outline:
- Mod 01: Introduction and Scalability
- Mod 02: Storage and Resource Management
- Mod 03: Security, multi-tenancy and flexibility
- Mod 04: High-availability and Resiliency
- Mod 05: Introduction and Overview of System Center 2012
- Mod 06: Application Management
- Mod 07: Cross-platform Management
- Mod 08: Foundation, Hybrid Clouds and Costs
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.