(Episode 15) Windows 8: The App Development Opportunity
Download this episode
Jerry Nixon welcomes Niels Hilmar to the show as they discuss the Windows 8 app development opportunity that is open for anyone who has a great idea for an app. Tune in as they discuss the first-mover advantage, what free tools and resources are available as well as the upcoming App Builder Virtual Summit which tackles the “why” and “how” of designing and marketing apps for both Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
- [0:52] How can developers capitalize on making apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone?
- [6:37] How can developers get started making apps?
- [10:09] How do I sign up for the App Builder Program?
- [10:28] What is the App Builder Virtual Summit?
- [11:41] Who should attend the Summit? Is it just for developers?
- [14:32] How do I sign up? How much does it cost?
App Builder Virtual Summit, May 2nd There’s never been a better time to build for Windows! Attend the Virtual Summit and learn about the Windows ecosystem opportunity, design and monetization tips, partner development frameworks, and even reviews from iOS and Android developers. Don’t miss this FREE online event, REGISTER today!
Need Convincing? Tune in to the latest Microsoft DevRadio episode:
“ How I’ve Made OVER $100k with My Windows 8 Apps”
Michael Palermo welcomes Kevin Ashley to the show as they discuss how Kevin has made over $100k on his Windows 8 apps. Tune in as they discuss some tips and tricks for how you can improve your app revenue like how to properly price your app and various monetization options that are available to you such as in-app purchase, pay-per download and advertising.
- Download the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Licensing
- The Springboard Series Blog
- Windows 8 Resources for IT Pros on Springboard
- Resources for Developers to Build Windows 8 Apps
- Windows 8 resources for partners on Microsoft Partner Network
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.